Old Tyme Christmas
There’s something for everyone. Meet Santa and Rudolph, ride a horse-drawn carriage, and show off your best-dressed dog. As usual, you may eat and shop to your heart’s content. Bring your family; make new friends!
The day starts off at 9:00 a.m. with the 20th annual Santa Sprint and Stroll that raises funds for the work of United Crescent Hill Ministries. This festive 5k run or 1-mile walk will began at Barret Traditional Middle School, 2561 Grinstead Drive. Adult registration is $20 and youth registration with a paid adult is $10. Visit Santa Sprint for details and register.
After the run, festivities continue.
- Bring your best pal for the Holiday Dog Walk. It starts/ends at 2005 Frankfort Ave, at BarKsTown at FrankFur. Registration starts at 11:30 a.m. and the walk starts at noon. Awards given for the three best-dressed dogs. Heine Brothers will provide coffee Heine Brothers
- Get your photo made with Santa at Margaret’s Consignments from Noon- 3:00 p.m. Margaret’s
- Free Trolley rides from Noon- 5:00 p.m.
- Horse Carriage Rides 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Award Presentations 2:00 p.m. at Margaret’s Consignments. FABA will present Good Neighbor Awards in two categories: resident and business. The Golden Antlers for the best decorated Storefront will be awarded the “Golden Antlers” award. Councilman Bill Hollander will present the awards.
- Stay after the award ceremony to hear carolers from St. Francis School.
Old Tyme Christmas Craft & Gift Show
Third Lutheran Church, 1864 Frankfort Avenue
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m
Shoppers will find hand crafted and various gifts, homemade bourbon balls, and family entertainment including: Working Lionel Train Display, strolling costumed carolers performed by the As Yet Unnamed Theater Group, tour the Gothic style church, Crèche display within the Narthex, photos with Santa between 9am – 12:30pm. Funds raised from this event will benefit United Crescent Hill Ministries, Third Lutheran Church Youth Group and Third Lutheran Church kitchen renovation fund. Information about becoming a vendor, please visit their website for a registration form at www.ThirdLutheranChurch.org call 502-896-6383 or email office@ThirdLutheranChurch.org.
Annual Christmas Bazaar
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 2822 Frankfort Avenue
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m
Shop for the perfect Christmas gift. There will be a white elephant sale, 20 vendor booths, hand-made crafts, bake sale and silent auction. Children will have an opportunity to have their picture taken with Santa. Chili and hotdogs will be served. Questions please contact the church at 895-2429.
Light Up St. Matthews
4:00 – 6:00 p.m
This is a FREE event presented by the Chamber of St. Matthews and the City of St. Mathews, open to the public. Enjoy the lighting of Brown Park for the holiday season, pictures with Santa until 5:30 p.m., carriage and train rides through the park, petting zoo, games, cookies, hot cocoa, DJ and more.
Leave a Response »